By Ken Dirkzwager - December 09, 2016
The greater deal of online marketers are always looking to revamp their strategies and marketing techniques for the growing of their business. In order to ensure that you are taking your online marketing strategies down the road of success, knowing what to do and what not to do is important.
Online marketing is the strategy that enables the opportunity for you to grow your business. In order to make online marketing worth it, there are certain factors you need to implement to your strategies, and others that you need to avoid. Let’s take a look at the most fundamental do’ and don’ts of online marketing.
- Always improve the layout of your page. As an online marketer, you need to have a user friendly, mobile friendly and attractive web design. Business owners must always plan around website designs that are both appealing and will maximize your visitor’s retention. Is it time for a site re-design?
- Create social media presence. Start using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and more, to create impactful and new content regarding your business; content that people feel the need to share. This can help you generate new traffic.
- Use simple language across your website- coming across complex text is not always pleasant for visitors.
- Start a search engine optimization strategy (SEO) to help you rank higher in organic search results.
- Use PPC ads (pay per click). Along with an SEO strategy, paid advertising can catapult your business and help you appear on top of results in search pages. This marketing tool is effective.
- Use domain names that are easy for clients to remember
- Create a blog on your website as this will help you gain an audience, and in creating traffic.
- Never utilize duplicate content; Google punishes web pages that copy text. From your web design, postings, to the content, everything must be original if you want to accomplish remarkable results.
- Ask for client information from the get go- this will usually make a website visitor run in the opposite direction. Avoid asking the client for their information in order for them to receive or obtain information, unless completely necessary and limit the information needed; email and name will suffice
- Do not pay extra money to companies who promise you #1 rankings on search engines from the beginning. These sort of claims cannot be guaranteed- though you can achieve #1 rankings, it requires work and time invested.
- Do not advertise your website unless it is ready to receive traffic.
- Instead of building a new website, consider redesigning. Starting over, or starting from scratch, can lead to hundreds of dead links due to Google listing your site as a duplicate.
- Never forget the target- keep your clients in mind.
Start implementing the Do’s and avoid the Don’ts. Work with Elite Online Media today to start building effective marketing strategies for your business, together.