Video Marketing: The present and the Future of online marketing
By Ken Dirkzwager - February 13, 2017
How beneficial is to create a video for my company?
Today, the trend to follow in the world of online marketing is the video. There are many ways in which recording a video benefits a business; among the most important are the trust factor as well as the higher percentages of conversion.
To achieve success in the virtual world, confidence is fundamental and – unfortunately for many businesses – not easy to earn. One of the most effective ways to build trust is to add personification in the companies’ websites; seeing a picture of one or many people that represent a company does a fantastic job building trust among its visitors and future customers. The same happens with a video, except that the interaction is even more personal and direct, and as such, it builds the confidence the potential customer has in the company.
Conversion is the desired action of a visitor in a website. Conversion can consist of a phone call or even submitting contact information in an online form.
Why is conversion important? A better question is: how useful is to drive a lot of traffic and visits to a website if there is no conversion at the end? It’s absolutely useless; a waste of time and money. For this reason, before driving traffic to a website, it’s necessary to make sure it’s properly optimized and suitable to convert visitors to leads, and eventually to active customers. To be able to convert, a website must have several specific features. Some of them, for example, are the adaptability to mobile devices and the use of the “Psychology of Color” in order to choose the right colors for the website.
Increasing the percentage of conversion
Besides all the characteristics a website must have in order to get satisfying conversion results, there is an ace under the sleeve that most companies underestimate and not many of them use: videos. Videos are the present and future of online marketing. The statistics of recent studies confirm that using videos increase conversions in an unbelievable rate. So, why is it a good idea to implement videos in a company?
- Because a video increases CTR from a 200% to a 300%
- Because including a video in a landing page boosts the number of conversions an 80%
- Because combining a video with an advertising page increases interaction with clients a 22%
- Because after a visitor watches a video, the possibilities that he or she makes an online purchase increases a 64%
- Because real estate websites that include a video receive 403% more online consults than websites that do not
- Because 90% of internet users think that a video is helpful in order to make a purchasing decision
- Because 92% of video consumers share videos with their contact lists
- Because 1/3 of the worldwide online time consumption consists of people watching videos
- Because 36% of internet users trust advertising videos
- Because 80% of users remember the videos they watch during a 30-day span
- Because the expression of a 1-minute video is equal to 1.8 million words of content
As we can see, after looking at all these statistics about videos for businesses, it is evident that having a structure of videos is of great benefit for your company. As everything in marketing, we have to be clear about the purpose of each video and also have a defined target market for it. The audience is whoever the video is directed to, and the purpose of the said video will define the filming and editing strategies that will be used. These video marketing strategies are fundamental for the success of a video campaign.
Video Marketing Strategies
A strategy is a set of actions undertaken by a firm or entity to reach a desired objective or goal. Building a strategy is vital for the success of a business. A video marketing campaign also needs a strategy in order to achieve its maximum potential.
- Process: We have to understand that, in order to carry out a strategy, we must break it down in steps. A project can’t be completed in a single stage; hence a strategy entails a SERIES OF DIFFERENT PROCESSES.
- Study: Before coming up with a strategy, it’s necessary to perform a field study, particularly of the competition and other very important factors. This is the best moment to define the goal of the strategy (the result you want to achieve through the videos). The videos can be used for different objectives, such as sell, inform, teach, or even entertain. You also need to choose the platform that you will use to upload the videos; YouTube is the most recommended. In this stage, you must also define your target market. To whom will your video marketing campaign be directed? Your target market can be defined in terms of gender, age, social status, or level of education; from this principle, you also have to define the type of edition your videos will have.
- Sequence: The videos must carry out a sequence. If the strategy is divided in 4 steps, then the videos must be published in that order. It’s important not to miss out any of these steps so the sequence keeps a logical flow.
- Call to action: At the end of the videos, remember to include a call to a certain action you want your virtual audience to perform. This is very important to carry out a strategy and to measure its results.
- Upload and share the video: Once everything is ready, upload the video to the chosen platform, preferably YouTube, and share the link of the video in all your social media and e-mail accounts, so your target market may watch the videos.
By defining a video marketing strategy, you’re shaping the course of action for the goal you want to reach through the videos. Such is the importance of a strategy.
What else do I have to know about video marketing?
Little by little, video marketing became the present and future of online marketing in general. According to recent studies, 74% of today’s general online traffic comes from videos. This doesn’t necessarily mean saturation, but quite the contrary, it means demand. Internet users want quick, concise information, and the best way to provide that is the use of videos. A corporate video shouldn’t last more than 2 minutes; the current recommendation lies between 1 minute and 1 minute and 30 seconds. On the other hand, the current trend on social media videos is a length of no more than 15 seconds. We can see that the average length of videos in social networks like Instagram, Facebook, and Snapchat is 10 seconds. The most recommended platform to upload corporate videos is YouTube. You can create a channel (username) completely for free, upload unlimited videos, and then share the link provided by YouTube.
Why choose YouTube as your video platform
Without a doubt, YouTube has become the most visited video website in the entire Internet. Therefore, you should choose YouTube as the preferred platform to upload your corporate videos.
Here are some interesting data about YouTube from different marketing studies:
- The first video ever published on YouTube was uploaded on April 23rd, 2005
- 1,300,000,000 people are current YouTube users
- At least 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube per minute
- Around 5 billion videos are seen on YouTube every day
- YouTube receives almost 30 million visits on a daily basis
- More than half of the visits to YouTube are from mobile devices
- YouTube can be browsed upon in 76 different languages
- 9% of small businesses use YouTube
- 20% of the people who start watching a video close it after the first 10 seconds (that’s why it’s very important to make excellent and interesting intros)
These statistics indicate us that YouTube is the best option to upload the corporate videos we create. Through YouTube, you can link your videos on websites and social networks. Consequently, a YouTube channel is essential for any business’ video marketing strategy.
Do you have doubts about this article? Call one of our specialists to answer any doubts or comments you may have. Consultations are completely free! If you want to know any other valuable information such as 3 steps for business success, visit our blog.